For the spice paste:
red chilli, roughly chopped (remove the seeds if you don’t want it so hot!)
stalk lemongrass, outer leaves removed and roughly chopped
Juice and zest of 1 lime
cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
small onion, peeled and diced
soft brown sugar
small bunch coriander
cm fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
For the Laksa:
x 400ml can coconut milk
fine rice noodles
small tiger prawns, peeled (can use frozen)
A handful of fresh chopped mint leaves
Coriander leaves, to garnish
Sea salt and black pepper
- For the spice paste, blend all the spice paste ingredients together in a food processor and set aside.
- For the laksa; heat the oil in a wok or a large heavy based saucepan over a medium heat and fry the paste for 3-4 minutes until fragrant, stirring all the time, remove the heat if it is catching on the bottom.
- Stir in the coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile cook the rice noodles in a separate pan according to the packet instructions. Drain well and set aside.
- When the laksa is boiling, add the prawns and peas and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the peas and prawns are cooked. Taste and adjust the seasoning, stir in the chopped mint.
- Place the noodles at the bottom of the serving bowls and ladle the laksa over the top.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
WHAT OUR CONSUMERS THINK
Write a review Cancel
Be the first to review this product
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.