1 bag of
of Field Fresh Petits Pois
whole cooked ham
slice of rye bread
clear vegetable stock
salt & pepper
- Keeping approximately 4 tbsp. of petit pois to one side, lightly fry the remaining petit pois with onion, garlic and butter.
- Pour in the vegetable soup and cream and simmer over a medium heat for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the crusts from the bread and cut into 2cm long, narrow strips. Fry in olive oil until golden brown, turning frequently, then blot with kitchen paper.
- Chop the ham into ½ cm squares and leave to one side.
- Returning to the soup, stir in the crème fraiche, wine and parsley.
- In a separate container, mix the starch with 1 tbsp. of water and stir into the soup, to thicken.
- Bring to the boil, then puree with a hand blender until smooth.
- Add the petit pois and chopped ham pieces that were kept to one side, a dash of lemon juice and salt, to taste.
- Pour the soup into preheated bowls, garnish with cream and bread croutons and serve.