chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
4 tbsp tandoori paste
large onion, peeled and finely chopped 3cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
fresh red chilli, deseeded
x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
Sea salt and black pepper
Handful chopped coriander, to garnish
Natural yoghurt, to serve
- Cut the chicken into chunks and mix with the yoghurt and tandoori paste, leave to marinate for a couple of hours, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, when hot, add the cinnamon, cardamom and onion, fry gently for 5 minutes until the onions are soft and beginning to turn brown, add the ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, chilli and turmeric and cook for 1 minute.
- Once the spices have cooked, add the chicken with marinade, fry for 4 minutes then add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, chicken stock, gram masala, lemon juice and peas. Stir well and season with sea salt and black pepper. Simmer on a low heat for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with rice or naan bread and garnish with freshly chopped coriander and a generous spoonful of natural yoghurt.
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.