potatoes, peeled and boiled
shallots, peeled and finely chopped
spinach leaves, cooked
feta cheese, crumbled
A handful chopped coriander
A handful chopped mint
flour or cornflour
egg and 1 egg yolk
Sea salt and black pepper
Rapeseed oil, for frying
low-fat plain yoghurt
- Lightly crush the cooked potatoes and peas in a bowl. Heat the tablespoon of rapeseed oil, add the shallots, and curry paste, cumin seeds, chilli flakes and gently fry, stirring all the time for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach, cool slightly and add to the potatoes along with the feta cheese with a small handful of chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Mix in the gram flour or cornflour, egg and egg yolk, season with sea salt and black pepper and knead slightly until the mixture comes together.
- Then shape some patties and fry in a little rapeseed oil over a medium heat until golden and crisp on both sides turning once.
- Serve with the minted yoghurt and poppadoms.
If you wish to serve these as a starter, serve 3 with a little finely chopped red onion and tomato salad and a little mango chutney. You can also make them as a canape; and serve on a spoon with the minted yogurt.
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.