medium onion, peeled and chopped
garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
cm ginger, finely shredded
red pepper, diced 1 carrot, peeled and diced
spring onions, shredded
light soy sauce
good quality hoi sin sauce
handful of fresh coriander, chopped
dried egg noodles, cooked
Sea salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok and add the onion, garlic, ginger, minced pork and chinese spices.
- Stir fry for 6 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Add the red pepper and carrot to the pork and stir fry for a further 2 minutes, then add the peas, bean sprouts, spring onion, soy sauce and hoi sin sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Remove from the heat and add a handful of chopped coriander.
- Mix well and serve with noodles.
The less water you use when cooking peas, the less vitamin C is lost. Steaming helps to conserve this vitamin. When boiling frozen peas, add enough water to cover, bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 3 minutes. To microwave 227 grams (8oz) of frozen peas add 15ml (1 tablespoon) of water, place in a non metallic container and cover. Cook on full power for 4 minutes (750W) or 4 1/2 minutes (650W).
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.