large chicken breasts
ham (torn into pieces)
full fat crème fraîche
fresh chives (chopped)
ready roll puff pastry
Sea salt and black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
- Place the chicken breasts in an ovenproof dish and brush with the melted butter, season with sea salt and black pepper. Place in the oven and cook for 20 – 25 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove from the oven, cool slightly and remove the skin and slice into chunks. Place into pie dish or into a baking dish with a lip.
- Blanch the peas in boiling water and drain immediately and scatter over the chicken with the ham. Mix the crème fraîche, cream, chives and mustard together and spoon over the top of the chicken mixture and grill for 5 minutes until heated through and golden brown.
- Create a pastry lid – On a floured surface, roll the pastry to thickness of 1cm, cut a long strip as wide as the rim of the pie dish and using a little beaten egg, fix to the edge of the pie dish. Brush with the egg, and then lift the rest of the pastry over the pie, using the rolling pin to help.
- Gently press the edges with your fingers and trim with a sharp knife. Brush lightly with the beaten egg to glaze, then bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the pastry is risen and golden brown.
The less water you use when cooking peas, the less vitamin C is lost. Steaming helps to conserve this vitamin. When boiling frozen peas, add enough water to cover, bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 3 minutes. To microwave 227 grams (8oz) of frozen peas add 15ml (1 tablespoon) of water, place in a non metallic container and cover. Cook on full power for 4 minutes (750W) or 4 1/2 minutes (650W)
WHAT OUR CONSUMERS THINK
Write a review Cancel
Be the first to review this product
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.