When one of Britain’s most tasty traditions is cod fish and chips, why not enjoy only the best and reach for our delectable fillets including our delicious battered cod. After all, cod is a lean fish that is loaded with essential nutrients, from protein and vitamin B12 to selenium and iodine.
With all the nutrients this fin-tastic fish has to offer, it is no surprise that we created a delicious inspirations range of cod fillets and chargrills, packed full of herbs and spices to pack a punch into your evening dinner.
Cooking cod could not be easier! Whether you prefer the oven, grill or microwave, our juicy cod range is perfect for when you want to get a little creative in the kitchen.
Check out our following guide for the best way to cook cod.
How to cook cod in the oven:
- To prepare oven baked cod straight from the freezer, pre-heat the oven to 190°C
- Remove the frozen cod from its packet and place in a foil tray
- Add a little butter over the fillet until the surface is covered and pop the dish in the oven
- Cook for around 30 minutes
- You’re then ready to serve!
How to cook cod in the microwave:
- Remove the cod from its packaging and place it on a microwave-safe plate
- Add the dish to the microwave and cook for 5 minutes at 850W
- Remove the bag from and shake gently
- Tear or cut the end of the bag with scissors. Be careful as the bag and contents will be piping hot!
- Ensure the cod is hot and not overcooked. Fully cooked cod should be flaky. If the fish isn’t flaky, return to the microwave for a minute at a time, and repeat until ready
For something a little different and equally as tasty, our Tomato and Rosemary Cod Fillets offer an enjoyable meal option in under 10 minutes! Simply place the cod fillets into the microwave straight from the freezer and enjoy a succulent dish, which we know will have you hooked.
How to cook cod on the grill:
- Pre-heat the grill to a medium heat (or around 190°C).
- Remove the cod from its packaging and gently dry with a paper towel
- Grease a sheet of foil with a little cooking oil
- Lay the cod in the middle of the foil and feel free to season with lemon, salt, pepper and if you’re feeling fancy… add some parsley!
- Fold the foil sides around the fish to seal everything together
- Grill the fish for around 10 minutes, turning over occasionally during cooking
- Cook until crisp and golden
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Frozen cod recipes
Looking for some more inspiration? We have plenty of recipe ideas to help spark your imagination and create some truly delicious dishes. For a mid-week meal that will knock your socks off, look no further than our creamy cod carbonara or Mediterranean cod with grilled veggies.
Why not head to our Birds Eye cod recipe page for plenty of ideas when it comes to cooking quick, tasty and nutritious dishes!