butter, chilled and diced
egg, to glaze
For the filling:
medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
onion, peeled and chopped
carrot, peeled and cut into small chunks
swede, peeled and cut into small chunks
sage leaves, roughly chopped
Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 7
- Rub the butter into the flour with a pinch of salt using your fingertips, blend in the egg and 4 tablespoons of water to produce a firm dough. Divide the dough into 4, wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- For the filling; place the potato, swede and carrot onto a baking sheet, drizzle with rapeseed oil and season with sea salt and black pepper and roast for 8 minutes in the oven until soft.
- Place the vegetables including the peas into a bowl and gently stir in the sage leaves and onion and bind the mixture together with cream cheese.
- Roll out each piece of dough on a lightly floured surface, until large enough to make a round of approximately 23cm across. Take a spoonful of the vegetable mixture and place in the centre of each round, leave a margin at the edge.
- Brush the pastry around the edge with beaten egg and carefully draw the edges together to form a seam across the top, pinch together to seal. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Place the pasties on a baking tray, glaze with egg and bake for 10 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 170°C/Gas 4 and cook for a further 30 minutes until golden.
If cooking too quickly, turn the oven down slightly.
WHAT OUR CONSUMERS THINK
Write a review Cancel
Be the first to review this product
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.