- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
- Wrap the garlic in foil and roast for 40 minutes or until soft.
- Fry the onion in the butter and oil for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the frozen peas and coat in the oil and butter mixture.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Squeeze the soft roasted garlic into the pea soup and puree roughly.
- Serve with dollops of crème fraîche and chopped chives.
The less water you use when cooking peas, the less vitamin C is lost. Steaming helps to conserve this vitamin. When boiling frozen peas, add enough water to cover, bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 3 minutes. To microwave 227 grams (8oz) of frozen peas add 15ml (1 tablespoon) of water, place in a non metallic container and cover. Cook on full power for 4 minutes (750W) or 4 1/2 minutes (650W)
WHAT OUR CONSUMERS THINK
Write a review Cancel
Be the first to review this product
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.