lamb neck fillet, diced
button onions or shallots
carrot, peeled and diced
tin chopped tomatoes
chicken / lamb stock
baby new potatoes
fresh mint, finely chopped
sea salt and black pepper
- Season the flour and toss the lamb in it. Heat the oil in a large casserole and brown the lamb pieces in batches.
- Set aside and add the button onions or shallots and carrot to the pan. Cook for 5 – 10 minutes, until the vegetables are a light golden brown. Add the cinnamon and cook for
a further minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, honey and stock, stirring well, and bring to the boil. Return the lamb to the pan, add the new potatoes and season to taste. Cover and cook in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes, until the lamb is tender.
- Remove from the oven and stir through the frozen peas, and a little more stock if necessary. Cook for a further 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the chopped mint and serve.
The less water you use when cooking peas, the less vitamin C is lost. Steaming helps to conserve this vitamin. When boiling frozen peas, add enough water to cover, bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 3 minutes. To microwave 227 grams (8oz) of frozen peas add 15ml (1 tablespoon) of water, place in a non metallic container and cover. Cook on full power for 4 minutes (750W) or 4 1/2 minutes (650W).
WHAT OUR CONSUMERS THINK
Write a review Cancel
Be the first to review this product
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.