medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
of streaky bacon, diced
medium potato, peeled and diced
level tbsp plain flour
of snipped chives to garnish (optional)
thick slices of bread cut into croutons
cheddar cheese, grated
of green pesto (optional)
Sea salt and black pepper
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan and fry the onion and bacon together in the butter until lightly golden, then add the potato and continue to cook over a low heat, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, then gradually, stir in the stock and milk and season well with sea salt and black pepper. Bring to the boil, cover and gently simmer for 15 minutes, until the potato is just tender.
- Meanwhile to make the croutons, in a shallow frying pan, heat the rapeseed oil, add the bread croutons and toss in the oil, season well with sea salt and black pepper and toast in the pan, until golden and crisp. Remove from the heat, cool slightly and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Add to the chowder the peas, bring back to the boil and simmer for another 3-4 minutes, until the peas are cooked. Adjust seasoning if necessary and stir in the cream and chives.
To serve the chowder, place in bowls, serve with the croutons on top and a blob of pesto.
WHAT OUR CONSUMERS THINK
Write a review Cancel
Be the first to review this product
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.