strong white flour or wholemeal bread flour
easy blend dried yeast
Poppy seeds for top of bread rolls
onion, peeled & finely chopped
garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
fresh basil, finely chopped
grated Parmesan cheese
- Sift the flour, salt and yeast into a bowl, make a well in the centre and add the oil. Mix the sugar into the lukewarm water, pour the water into the well and mix into a dough, add a spot more water if there are any dry bits left in the bowl.
- Wipe the dough around the bowl. Knead the dough for 3 minutes until it starts to look shiny, place the dough back in the bowl and cover with cling film, leave it to rise to double the size, about 1 hour at room temperature.
- Meanwhile prepare the pea filling, blanch the peas in boiling water, to soften them, drain well. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, until soft. Add the garlic, remove from the heat. Place the peas, onion mixture, sun-dried tomatoes, basil and Parmesan into a food processor, add a little sea salt and black pepper and blitz until you have a coarse mixture. Remove and cool.
- On a floured work surface tip the dough back onto the surface and knead for a further minute. Divide into 8 pieces and shape into balls. Dust your rolling pin with the flour and roll each piece of dough out into a circle approximately 8cm in diameter. Finish stretching it with your hands, then place a dessert spoon of the filling into the centre of each circle.
- Bring the edges together and seal, roll the sealed edge downwards and shape into a round. Place on a greased baking tray, repeat until all the dough is used up. Brush the rolls with some beaten egg, sprinkle with poppy seeds and bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Cool slightly and serve with butter – delicious!
The less water you use when cooking peas, the less vitamin C is lost. Steaming helps to conserve this vitamin. When boiling frozen peas, add enough water to cover, bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 3 minutes. To microwave 227 grams (8oz) of frozen peas add 15ml (1 tablespoon) of water, place in a non metallic container and cover. Cook on full power for 4 minutes (750W) or 4 1/2 minutes (650W).
WHAT OUR CONSUMERS THINK
Write a review Cancel
Be the first to review this product
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.