- 2 tsp chilli powder
vegetable or rapeseed oil
clove garlic, peeled and crushed
Sea salt and black pepper
tin haricot beans, drained and rinsed
onion, peeled and finely diced
Dash Worcestershire sauce
To serve: Taco Shells, grated cheese, shredded lettuce, soured cream (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large, deep frying pan and brown the mince well in two batches, making sure it is well broken up and browned evenly. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tbsp of oil in the pan and add the onion. Cook gently for 5 - 10 minutes until softened and translucent.
- Add the garlic, cumin seeds and chilli powder to taste, depending on how hot you like your chilli.
- Cook the garlic and spices with the onion for 1 minute, then add the tomato puree and cook, stirring for a further minute.
- Add the haricot beans to the pan and coat with the onion and spice mixture, then return the browned mince to the pan and mix well.
- Add the passata, tomato ketchup and Worcestershire sauce, and season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Bring to the boil, and simmer gently for 10 - 15 minutes, until the liquid has reduced and the chilli has thickened.
- Add the frozen peas and simmer for a further 3 minutes.
Serve the chilli in the taco shells, with grated cheese, shredded lettuce and soured cream on the side.
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.