- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 20 minutes or until cooked. Drain well and mash
- While the potatoes are cooking, melt 2 teaspoons of the butter and cook the streaky bacon. Add the shallots and cook until they are soft but not coloured
- Cook the peas according to the packet instructions and then purée them in a blender
- Combine the mashed potatoes, remaining butter, double cream, pea purée, bacon and shallots. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg
Try with sausages or beef stew.
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.